EPIC uses a rolling admission process, so all slots are given on a first-come-first-serve basis. While not exclusively a twice exceptional program, many of our students share traits with the 2E community; they are often extremely gifted in certain academic and social realms and extremely challenged by others. However, due to the individually differentiated nature of our program, EPIC does not restrict enrollment based on diagnosis, behavior profile, or innate ability. Further, students do not need any diagnosis to attend EPIC. The following enrollment process is designed so that we and you can accurately assess if we are the ideal environment for your child:
1. Initiate Contact with EPIC: Reach out to us by calling our general line (347) 457-6609 or by completing the contact form below. A team member will contact you to answer any preliminary questions you have about EPIC before helping you pick an open house date that works best for you to attend. If you reach out after all open house dates of the season, an EPIC team member will instead work towards scheduling a one-on-one info session.
Additionally, you can skip this initial contact step and simply reserve a spot at one of EPIC’s upcoming houses yourself using the instructions outlined in the next step.
2, Attend an Open House / Attend your Meeting at EPIC: You can sign up for any of our upcoming house dates by either calling EPIC at (347) 457-6609 or by signing up using our RSVP form. If you are reaching out after our final open house date of the season, you may instead schedule an individual meeting by calling EPIC or by using the contact form in step 1.
These sessions are where we first get to know one another in person. Attendees receive a full tour of EPIC’s classrooms, sensory gym, and other facilities before settling in for a Q and A session regarding our approach to behavioral and academic learning overall as well as any other specific questions you might have about our program.
All Open House sessions and scheduled meetings take place after school hours, but those interested in moving forward with EPIC after attending an info session will be invited to attend a classroom tour to see our strategies in action.
3. Attend a Classroom Tour: After attending one of EPIC’s Open House information sessions, you will be invited to a classroom tour. It is our hope that, by the end our tour, you will have all the information you need to make an informed decision about whether EPIC is right for your student. After you see our students progressing through their academic day, we will conclude the tour by providing you with an Enrollment Application, Educational Service Agreement, Class Schedule, Course Descriptions, and Parent Handbook for you to look over. We will happily answer follow-up questions over the phone after your visit to make sure you can make an informed decision regarding enrollment.
4. Send Enrollment Documents: Once your spot is is secured, we will welcome you to our community and assist you in completing all remaining paperwork necessary to attend. EPIC team member will provide instructions on how to send us any documents you’ve collected over your student’s academic journey. EPIC’s Co-Founding team will read everything you send and will also take it all with a grain of salt; no neuropsych, IEP, progress report, classroom observation, or work portfolio can fully capture a student’s social and academic successes and needs, but each record of the past moves us closer to a more complete picture of your child.
5. Intake Meeting: Once you arrive, an EPIC team member will supervise your child and provide them with a multitude of safe and engaging activities. This will give us time speak privately and answer any lingering questions you have about our program. Additionally, expect us to ask questions to get a better sense of how we can work together best help your child.
After this discussion, your child will receive a detailed tour of EPIC so we can preview them on all academic routines so that they feel more comfortable on their first day. This time will also give your child the chance to meet and bond with their future teaching team!
6. Enroll in EPIC: When you are ready to move forward, submit your enrollment application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon acceptance of your application, your spot will be held for 5 business days, allowing you time to complete all necessary paperwork to permanently secure your place at EPIC!