EPIC is currently enrolling rising kindergarteners for the 2020-2021 school year. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are conducting all stages of our admissions process remotely. If your student will be entering kindergarten in the fall of 2020, follow the steps below to schedule a private virtual consultation and learn more about how to enroll.
EPIC uses a rolling admission process, so all slots are given on a first-come-first-serve basis. While not exclusively a twice exceptional program, many of our students share traits with the 2E community; they are often extremely gifted in certain academic and social realms and extremely challenged by others. However, due to the individually differentiated nature of our program, EPIC does not restrict enrollment based on diagnosis, behavior profile, or innate ability. Further, students do not need any diagnosis to attend EPIC. The following enrollment process is designed so that we and you can accurately assess if we are the ideal environment for your child:
1. Initiate Contact with EPIC: Reach out to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling our general line (347) 457-6609, or completing the contact form below. A team member will reach out to answer any preliminary questions you have about EPIC before scheduling a more in-depth phone call or virtual consultation.
2. Attend a Virtual Consultation: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are now holding all admissions meetings virtually. After reaching out to us via email, phone, or the contact form above, you will have the opportunity to schedule a private virtual consultation with one or more members of EPIC’s founding team.
These consultations are information sessions that offer you a chance to ask in-depth questions about EPIC’s philosophy, curriculum, approach to social-emotional learning, and more. Our goal is to depict our program as thoroughly and accurately as we can so that you have all the information you need to assess whether EPIC is the right fit for your child.
3. Send Admissions Documents: If you choose to move forward with the application process following your virtual consultation, a team member will assist you in completing all the necessary enrollment paperwork, which will include any documents you’ve collected over your student’s educational journey. EPIC’s Co-Founding team will read everything you send and will also take it all with a grain of salt; no neuropsych, IEP, progress report, classroom observation, or work portfolio can fully capture a student’s social and academic successes and challenges. However, each record of the past moves us closer to a more complete picture of your child.
4. Admissions Decision: After reviewing your documents, our team will reach out with a decision regarding your child’s admission to EPIC. As stated above, we not base admissions decisions on prospective students’ diagnoses (or lack thereof), behavior profiles, or innate abilities. Rather, we aim to holistically assess whether EPIC is an environment where your child can thrive.
5. Enroll at EPIC: Upon acceptance of your application, your spot will be held for 5 business days, allowing you time to complete all necessary paperwork to permanently secure your child’s place at EPIC!